The Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation (ONF) and Rick Hansen Institute (RHI) are launching a new funding opportunity to support modest and focused projects related to the development of emerging interventions and innovative technologies with direct application to spinal cord injury (SCI). Projects eligable for funding under this category must directly address the relevant areas of focus described below:
- Secondary complications – including, but not limited to pressure ulcers, urinary tract infections, respiratory infections and neuropathic pain.
- Neuro-recovery – activities supporting the improvement of neurological outcomes which includes; pre-hospital triage, acute care management and rehabilitation to maximize recovery.
- Long term health, wellness and community participation – with a focus on creating the optimal 'environmental' conditions to support long-term health, wellness and participation.
Key Dates & Timeline
The following is the anticipated timeline for this funding opportunity:
- Funding opportunity announcement: September 9, 2015
- Letter of Intent (LOI): December 1, 2015
- Application deadline: January 15, 2016
- Application review process: January – March 2016
- Notice of funding: April 2016
- First disbursement of funds: June 2016
Visit the ONF website for the Application and Program Guidelines.